About me and my work:
I am a theoretical astrophysicist currently based at the Laboratory of Astrophysics (LASTRO, EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. Before moving to the Lake Geneva area, I was a fellow at the Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics (Nordita) in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2014, I received my PhD from Heidelberg University, where I was working at the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics (ITA).
The focus of my research lies on the origin and evolution of cosmic magnetic fields and their role in shaping our Universe. Please use the menu bar on top to find out more about my work. In addition, information about my research can be found here:
Press releases about my work can be found here:
- PRIMA grant awarded to build a research group
- Heidelberg University press release: “Starke Magnetfelder sind offenbar schon kurz nach dem Urknall entstanden”
- Astrobites article: “Unsolved Problems: Magnetic Field Evolution in Galaxies”
- I’m a developer of the publically available Pencil Code. This is a high-order finite-difference code for compressible magnetohydrodynamic flows.
- Based on our galaxy models, an online calculator named RESoRt (Radio Emission Star formation Rate) has been developed. This a tool for determining the star formation rate (SFR) from the non-thermal galactic radio flux or vice versa.